Friday 11 April 2014

My Turning Point

I went to see my dad today and on the train home I felt really happy and grateful that he's settled into his 'luxury retirement home' and seems to be enjoying life. So I decided to pop into my local church and say a quick thank you prayer. Sitting in the quiet, very simple building, I started thinking of all the people and events that brought me to this moment of gratitude and realised that where I am today - a successful woman running my own company with wonderful friends and family and a loving husband - is down to my work experience job on the Big Breakfast in June 1993. If I hadn't become addicted to The Big Breakfast when it launched in 1992 - and resigned from my PR job aged 29 to do work experience on the show - my life would look very different. And I might not have had the chance to have lunch with my father, sit in a church and say a big thank you to all the people and events that got me to where I am today including supportive friends, demanding bosses, a TV job that was so exhausting I decided to get a Life Coach to help me redress the work/life balance (which turned out to be one of the best things I've ever done) and a dating site (which gave me a visual idea of what I wanted my online business to look like and introduced me to my husband.)  The list could go further back, but The Big Breakfast was definitely my turning point.

No comments:

Post a Comment